At Easy Runner, our shoe fitting service is centred around you. We use our decades of experience in running footwear to help you find the right pair. As part of the shoe fitting, we may use pressure platform and/or video analysis to help inform our recommendations.
Historically, runners have been recommended shoes based on the extent of pronation/supination of the foot evident while running. This lead to a simple categorisation of individuals into groups based on a hypothetical level of support required in a running shoe. This can be misleading as it is difficult to determine what is an excessive amount of either pronation or supination for an individual, or in fact if any injuries that might occur are as a result of this movement. What is important to consider is that pronation is a natural, important movement required to cushion impact forces and adjust to uneven surfaces. Thus, a more individualised approach to shoe fitting is essential.
We use guidance from developments in research, as well as our experience-based understanding of what to look for, to help guide your decision.
The Podotech Elftman Foot Pressure Scanner utilises state of the art pressure mat technology and electronic sensors to provide extensive analysis options. Superior visual analysis encourages patient interaction and facilitates a more accurate assessment.
Quick and easy to use, the Podotech Elftman is an essential tool when working in any fast-paced clinical environment. Fields of application include: Podiatry, Orthotics & Prosthetics, Orthopaedics, Rehabilitation, Diabetes, Sports Medicine, Physical Therapy, Chiropractics & Occupational Therapy…
The Podotech Elftman
- Captures 100 pressure images per second
- Matrix homogeneity provided by 1600 equally-measuring sensors
- Thin pressure mat encourages natural gait
- Sensor life time of over 1 million uses
- Highly durable, permanent mat surface
- CE certification provides quality assurance
- No product calibration required
- Can be walked on with and without footwear
- User-friendly software guides you through patient consultations
- Visual impact reinforces patient education and orthotic recommendation
- Immediate pressure analysis and interpretation of data via comprehensive reports
- Achieve better CAD/CAM foot orthotic outcomes by combining the Elftman image at design stage
- Enables comparisons with a patient’s previous foot scan or ideal mechanics
- Generates PDF and Bitmap files for computerised records
- Highly sensitive mat enables analysis of children’s gait and posture
- Lightweight, portable and easy to store where space is limited
3 Scan Types: Static Scan, Dynamic Scan and Postural Scan
- Superior visual analysis and interpretation of scans
- Immediate data storage and report generation
- Comparative capabilities
- Highly reliable, portable system
|Static Foot Scan:Scan the patient whilst standing to identify plantar pressure distribution Valuable when assessing orthotic efficiency and detecting leg length discrepancies Extensive analysis options in 2D and 3D and numerous measuring possibilities.|
|Dynamic Foot Scan:Assess the foot in motion whilst walking or running Video mode allows frame by frame viewing Gait line display, calculations and curves.Actual size print capacity|
|Postural Foot Scan:Identifies deviations in the musculoskeletal balance Visually observe postural movement over time Centre of pressure displacement (with zoom) (Positioner available as an optional extra)|